Friday, May 3, 2013

What is success to you?

"The more successful I become, the more I need a 

man." - Beyonce Knowles Carter .  

Not to put Beyonce down, but it made me take a long hard look at her statement. Everyone wants to be successful, but how do you see yourself. Do you feel as she does, or do you think that it takes more than a man to complete you?  I personally don't need a man to make me successful.  I've been successful in many ways.  However, it's gratifying to have someone to share your successfulness with.  How do you measure success? Is it determined by money, expensive cars, high profile job, achievements or maybe its family?  Just how do you determine your success? I would love to hear your thoughts. And as always, "I'm just saying...”







2 comments:

  1. Success is not measured by another person in your life nor is it measured by material things. Some would say this statement comes from someone who does not have much, but I beg to differ. I don't have much but what I do have I own. If I measured how successful I am by someone else's standards that would mean I do not think very much of my own thoughts, opinions and understanding of life. I refuse to allow anyone (family, friend or foe) define who or what I am. In a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you can't let other people's opinion dictate your worth. Everyone is is successful in something, no matter if its monetary or not. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete