Monday, May 13, 2013

Stick me with a fork, I'm done!


It seems that a lot of Facebook account holder’s enjoy a friendly game of “Words with Friends.”  For those that may not be familiar with the online game it’s Scramble where you spell out words using the letters of an already played word. And like many of us that engage in this, you can easily have several games going at once.  At one time,  I was playing with eight friends. I enjoy playing because it’s at a nice steady pace. 

OK, so you’re asking why she is writing about Words with Friends. I’m writing because I have an issue with the game. Yes, I said issue. It seems that certain words are not playable. We know these words are real and that they can be found in dictionaries. None of the urban jargon, I’m talking about words that are used every day in most cases.

For instance, I’m playing with against my cousin, who just happens to be a shark with words, lol.  And I see the perfect play, the word is CUE. It’s a real word, not made up. I play my tiles, and it tells me that it’s not a word. NOT A WORD? What the hell! Last time I looked in the dictionary it was. I couldn’t believe it, I attempted to play it again and again I was told the same thing. Now I’m livid. Somebody, stick me with a fork, ‘cause I’m done. I can’t play the word CUE, but I can play the word QI.  When was the last time you used QI in a sentence, (unless you’re Chinese) or the word ZA?   

So what do I do? I pass. Because the only vowels I have are the u and e, I can’t use what I have unless I’m spelling a Greek last name, lol (don’t be offended. Some of my best friends are). And like so many tragic endings, my cousin wins again.  Swear she has a cheat code, lol. 

And as always, “I’m just saying…”



No comments:

Post a Comment