Sunday, July 21, 2013

Why are Chinese men marrying Black African women and not Black American Women

OK, I've noticed that there are a lot of Chinese men marrying African women. That made  me to wonder what makes my African sisters able to attract these men and my African American sister catching hell to get one?  So, I sat out to find the answer and came across some pretty intriguing probabilities.
1.             These Chinese men travel to other countries to start a business. And unless they start importing Chinese women, they’re going to start dating and marrying what is available.
2.            There is a shortage of Chinese women in China due to their one child per family. And most of them are praying to Buda that they have a boy.  You can have another child or multiple it is frowned upon by the government and society. You have to pay a fine and all the medical concerning this addition. And who has that kind of money, even the wealthy Chinese aren't doing it.  There is a happier side if you live in a rural area, farm country you can have all the kids you want.  The reason for this is most of the young people leave and go to school and work in the big cities. That means there  are fewer people to work on the farms. Parents are always hoping that at least some of your kids will stay and help work the farm.
3.            Chinese men want that son’s. The men in China will divorce their wives and marry another woman until they get that son. In some cases, they have divorced several times to have several son’s.
With all that being said, it still does not answer the question, “What makes us so different?”  Is it because Africa has a large surplus of women? I have searched several sites and was taken back by some of the most offending comments regarding the relationship of some of these “Happy” couples. One Black woman was upset that she has been unable to get an Asian husband because she felt that she wasn't “Pretty” enough. Another sister was just down right pissed because she had been dumped. Here’s one from a Chinese person, saying “how scary it must be to have sex with a Black women in the dark and being able to see shining teeth.”
I asked a friend that goes by the name, “‘Hopeless Yellow” what attracted him:
“All of my serious relationships have been with Black women of all backgrounds. I’m not sure why I prefer Black women. I just do. Right now, I am not in a relationship but am open to one.
I have no preference when it comes to African-Americans, African Blacks, or Blacks of any nationality and ethnicity. Then again, I've never met anyone from outside the U.S. before.”
Another friend had this to report from a group sources. “One of them said if you’re going to date a black woman; get an African woman because they are small. The black women here in the states are mammies. He talked about they are fat, greasy, and smell. The bad part about it was a lot of black guys were in there talking trash and agreeing. Another group they talked to had this to say. I talked to a few Asian guys, and I asked them why they don’t interact in the groups. One straight up said all of the women in these Face book groups are ugly. Another guy said, ‘They lie.”
I can go on, but it still doesn't answer the question. I guess that love is one of the contributing factors. At least I would like to believe that.  Citizenship to stay in the country? OK, it’s been done.  Is it that American Black women are too harsh? If this is the case, most of us are in considerable trouble.  So, I’m putting the word out to all the Asian men that married American Black and African Black women to tell us readers the truth.  I hope to come back with the answer soon.
And like always, “I’m just saying…”

14 comments:

  1. I am living in China and honestly the Chinese cannot tell the difference an African or an African American until we speak. Over here though once they find out I am from America they treat me differently(better). China has close economic ties with Africa so the Chinese men are traveling and meeting African women. Also African students are studying in China. In Ghangzhou there is a high population of Africans. African Americans don't tend to travel as a whole and that is really hindering the majority from meeting quality men. There are not that many black female expats. The ones I know do indeed have husbands. Yes in Asian countries there is a more natural tendency towards slim women. Yes it is harder for heavier women to get dates. However, what I noticed here is that men look for substance. What kind of person are you, how your treat other. They marry a woman based on her character traits( though money plays a factor too) Asian Americans are a whole other ball of wax. I think their characteristics and dating preferences mirror more of white men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on the Asian Americans. I like Asian guys, and I have dated many from South Korea and Japan, but I've never dated or been asked out by Asian American guys. I believe it's like you say, "their preferences are like those of white American men." To be honest, it's better for black women to date and marry Asian guys who are from other countries because they are more open-minded, which may be because they haven't been "brain-washed" by American society that says that "white" is better and "black" is not.

      Delete
    2. Well Julie, I was wondering since I'm very fond of Asian men especially Korean men I was wondering if you know where at in South Korea and Japan are those Asian men (specifically Korean or Japanese men) more open-minded and willing to date black women? And are would they be into dating thick black women or atleast slim black women with curves?

      Delete
  2. @Amber Coxfield

    Regarding the inability to differentiate between African-Americans and Africans; probably the same reason why most Americans cannot differentiate between Chinese, Japanese, and any other Asian ethnicity—not out of ignorance but out of exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think preference is a subjective thing. I do see some women of color only wanting Korean or Chinese men. As well as Asian men preferring African, Latin or even light skinned women. To me, this way of thinking only limits your chances of finding your potential mate.

    I agree with you Amber, on most Asian American men preference . We could also look at East and West coast versus the South where It appears men are more open to AMBW pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ultimate Resource on How to Dating Japanese women and Japanese Girls created for Professional Western Men

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm going to kick it up a notch. When it comes to Black American females do you think we have been dealt a negative blow by the media and it does not help that some insist on acting "Ghetto"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree that the media and some women have portrayed African American women as "Ghetto". My boyfriend, who is Chinese, has stated that I am different from most African American women he has met. When asked how, he states the women he met before were loud, rude, obese, and seemed uneducated.

      Delete
  6. American men are more romantic than Japanese men

    Many of Japanese men hardly have the idea of planning a romantic dinner or date and nobody really see or hear that a Japanese guy actually buys candles or flowers for setting up a romantic dinner for a woman he likes. He may take her to a nice dinner at the restaurant but that’s all. Japanese women are often attracted by American men because they tend to be a way more romantic than Japanese men, and they can actually share the romantic moment together and can really feel “love” from them.

    - See more at: The top five reasons why Japanese women want to date with American men

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting article, Janet. This subject is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is because it is a lot more difficult in the states present day as to why. In America, some parts are very racist and African Americans can be included in that category. A Chinese man dating a black woman may not be very accepted by some African Americans and may encounter problems. And if it is not racism, some people are cock blockers and try to ruin it if an Asian man and a really pretty black girl want to date. You go to Jamaica for example and there's not as huge an issue if a Chinese wants to date or marry a black girl. In America there seems to be a stigma. I have researched some mixed race blacks and they all have stories of being targeted for being mixed race and not black enough in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a male Black South African. From a cultural perspective Asians & Africans in general relate well. Our cultures are similar in many ways. I know a Japanese man who's married to a Black South African woman and they are doing just fine. I also0 visited a Black South African friend who lives in UK, & he dates an Chinese woman. Been in & out of China. I think that culture plays a bigger part as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete